The Opening of the Culm Valley Light Railway.

A post card view of The opening of the Culm Valley Light Railway in May 1876

An Uffculme Mills receipt.

A receipt from Uffculme Mills for oats and meal etc. to Mr. Clode, one of the village publicans dated Lady Day 1897.

Subscription Appeal 1864.

Copy of a subscription appeal, dated 1864, to raise funds for the erection of a new Baptist Chapel.

Hemyock Infants in 1895

Photo of the Infants at Hemyock School in 1895.

Any names please?

Opening of Hemyock Station.

Amazing photo of the opening of the Hemyock Railway Line in 1873.

Whitehall Manor

Photo of Whitehall Manor in Hemyock around 1900.

Hawkins Family 1897

20110731-033233.jpg

The Hawkins family 1897. John and Elizabeth Hawkins with their family. L to R Emily, Harry, Bessie and Grace sitting between her parents.

Last Hemyock Royal British legion meeting. 1988

The last meeting of the Hemyock Branch of the Royal British Legion (Women’s Section). (1988)

Back Row. L to R. Dorothy Howsom, Sarah Lowman, Edna Dunn, Elvira Dunn, Phyll Kallaway and Dorothy Gammon (partly hidden), Dora Fuller, Mrs Payne Front Row- L to R. Vera Gard, Mrs Hutchings, Mrs Clarke, Sarah Bale and Margaret Lowman.

There are no longer branches of the British Legion in Hemyock

 

The Old Saw Mill Yard, Hemyock

The Old Saw Mill Yard c 1891-1893. This circular saw was driven by a portable steam engine, as opposed to a traction engine which moved under it’s own power. This engine was hauled by a horse, the shafts are visible in front of the smoke box. The chimney was hinged to fold horizontally, laying in the