Hemyock School Diary for 1911-1912

We have the complete diary for Hemyock School when it was located opposite the Post Office. This page covers a period between 1911 and 1912. Mr Baxter was the headmaster. We will try to upload to this site more pages as time progresses. The school operated from the end of the 19th Century up to the 1970’s when the new school was built. The old school building was then used as social housing for the community.

Kings Arms, Churchstanton in 1914

The Kings Arms, Churchstanton with the landlord in shirtsleeves by the trap.

R F James and others

Clayhidon School in 1919


Coronation Day 1911 in Coldharbour, Uffculme

Take a look at this great shot of Coronation Day in Coldharbour, Uffculme from 1911.

Coronation Day, 1911, @ Coldharbour, Uffculme.-1

Uffculme Volunteer Training Corps, Bridwell, 1915

Uffculme Volunteer Training Corps, Bridwell 1915

Leigh Court, Ashill, prior to 1920

Leigh Court, Ashill, prior to 1920.-1 Leigh Court, Ashill, prior to 1920.-1a Leigh Court, Ashill, prior to 1920.-1b

Hemyock bowling club 1914 fixture card.

1914. Bowling Club Fixture card with results.

Hemyock Bowling Club 1910.

1910 Hemyock Bowling Club.

L to R. Back row – John Hart? Mark Lowman, Robert Graves, ?, Robert Tait, John Clist, ?.

Seated, Dick Strawbridge, Sonny, James Farmer, William Tait, Rev. de Burgh Forbes, ?, Charlie J. Carrick.